We’ve said it before, we’ll say it again: You can’t wrap an ebook, people! So if you find yourself in Porter Square, stop into Porter Square Books–one of the best Indies of this great Commonwealth.
Here are five wonderful reasons to visit this amazing store:
- This is a store created by book lovers for book lovers. The owners and managers of Porter Square tally well over 75 years of collective bookselling wisdom. They know what to stock, they know what to recommend, they know readers.
- You haven’t seen a children’s section like this in a long time! Our Union Park Press recommendation: The Lighthouse Santa (Published by UPNE, this wonderful book is based on the Christmas flights of Edward Rowe Snow, hero to lighthouse children and the Boston Harbor Islands.)
- A great Reader Reward Program. Simply give your name, address, and phone number at the register and the computer will keep track of how much you spend at the bookstore. For every $150 you spend you’ll receive a free coupon worth $7.50 good on any subsequent purchase.
- Cafe Zing featuring products from local bakeries and delicious fair-trade coffee and espresso.
- An indie that supports indies! On a recent trip, we spotted many of our own titles. Thank you, Porter Square, for keeping local presses going and for knowing the importance of being a neighborhood bookstore!