Our Favorite Boston Sites
Here are some links to our favorite Boston & Beyond Websites. Ranging from the Revolutionary War to modern-day cocktail hour, from the North End to the South End and Cape Cod. These picks are full of useful information that will inspire your sense of adventure and once again prove Boston to be the Hub of the Universe…
Shawmut Avenue hasn’t been the same since Jill Goldberg opened this design oasis. We simply l♥ve it!
- Boston Public Library
Another Boston first! Be one of the 2.2 million yearly visitors to the first free municipal library right here in our home town. With rare collections, activities geared toward children, and plenty of space for reading and quiet study this beautiful historic space is sure to delight a host of audiences.
- Arts Boston
Get your hands on theater tips, inexpensive tickets, and the most extensive cultural calendar in Boston at Arts Boston.
- The Bostonist
This is a great website about Boston and everything that happens in it. We love how easy this site makes it to stay updated on events, restaurant, and general happenings in the hub.
- If you want a taste of what 35 acres of beautiful landscaping and lawns is like, visit this site to get a list of sculpture tours and museum events taking place at de Cordova.
- BU CDIA
- This is the ultimate resource for discovering new and exciting news in the photography and design world. If you’re looking to expand your experience in digital arts, check out their workshops and programs.
- The Savvy Factory
- A who, what, where, when, and why bother urban-guide to kids, food, and travel. This site covers all the bases for your know-and-go needs.
- The Boston Harbor Islands
Not to beat a dead horse (see the history of Spectacle Islands) but: thirty-four Islands, a thousand adventures!
- The Massachusetts Audubon
Visit the Mass Audubon Society for nature news, events for all ages, and to locate some of the most beautiful sites in Massachusetts.
BostonGardens.com publishes local horticultural events, observations and articles.
- South End Garden Tour/Land Trust
- Discover the annual South End Garden Tour and all it has to offer on this site, so you don’t miss it next year!
- Perhaps you need a vacation, but can’t make it to French Polynesia right away; this site lets you explore the depths of exotic waters through breathtaking underwater photography.
- Lexington Patch
- News, sports, and announcements in and around Lexington, MA. Plus, Meg Muckenhoupt’s bi-weekly column is a treat!
- Boston 1775
If you’re interested in the history of Boston and America, and particularly if you are a Revolutionary War buff, this blog is a must read.
Union Park Press’ very own Christopher Klein blogs about Boston and beyond–and we mean the “other side of the world” beyond.
- The Bostonian Society
An excellent resource for curious history buffs, The Bostonian Society’s programs and collections embody our city’s most valued traditions and treasures.
- Boston Your Way
- Want to discover Boston your way? Expert guide, Maryglenn, will collaborate with you to create your very own private historic and contemporary tour of Boston.
- Cheap Thrills
Performances and hip Boston happenings all for under ten dollars! What could be better?
- Drink Boston
Bars, bartenders and booze in Boston.
(Need we say more?)
- Boston Sports Then and Now
A site truly geared toward sports nuts Boston Sports Then and Now is the place where fans can stay up to date on their teams while also regularly looking back at the great moments that made our teams who they are today.
- Sports of Boston
- Boston Sports rule and Sports of Boston rocks!
- Sturgis Library
- A national treasure, this hub for all things archival remains the oldest library building in the United States. And it’s right in our backyard—Barnstable
- The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn
- Nestled in a tranquil spot a short stroll from the sandy beaches of Nantucket Sound, this exquisite Cape Cod Inn is an old sea captain’s house, circa 1830′s, and provides a beautiful setting for a vacation or getaway. Treat yourself and stay at The Platinum Pebble!
- Arts Foundation of Cape Cod
- A fantastic resource for both the striving artist and the cultural junkie, alike. This site brings the community together with local art and music celebrations.
- Cape Dive Club
- We wouldn’t want to be under Cape Cod waters without this group! Check out the diving tips & sites listed on their website
- Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies
- While we’re having a whale of a time on the Cape, the Center for Coastal Studies is protecting them. This site is a great resource for marine education.
- Truro Center for the Arts
- Visit this site for a vast listing of exhibitions and workshops on the Lower Cape.
- Fine Arts Work Center
- Looking for some lectures to attend in Provincetown? Let the Fine Arts Work Center wow you with the array of talented writers and artists who are part of their residency program.
- Wellfleet Public Library
- A massive database for distinguished lecturers, artists, and authors. Be sure to visit the events calendar on this site.
- Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
- The ultimate guide to connect you with Cape nature—adult and youth programs, too.
- When we want to dive into the depths of oceanic science and research, this is a great source. Their Data Center is fantastic for work done by local researchers.