11 Replies to “Our City Wide Creative Writing Project”

1. September 29, 2010 at 2:54 am

Cool. Nice post. Great project! Go UPP!

2. October 5, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Standing in front of where Filene’s used to be, staring at the half-finished mess that used to be bargain shopping Valhalla, I thought “What happened?”

3. Mark
    October 12, 2010 at 10:46 am

I ran the Boston Marathon twice, but the second time was waylaid by a gaggle of Wellesley college women and never finished.

4. October 12, 2010 at 11:20 am

On her morning jog through Jamaica Plain she stopped mid-stride and tried to remember the good times enjoyed by all at Bella Luna’s old store-front in Hyde Square – and all the other great institutions that have come through Boston before moving or disappearing.

5. martha donovan
    October 12, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I could not look at her without wondering who was behind the outdated leopard print pillbox hat, the thick, pale pancake make-up and the crimson lipstic that, halfway through the service, would have bled into the crevasses in her weatherd skin.

6. Hillery Williams
    October 12, 2010 at 2:50 pm

As I sat in my room at Mass General, looking at my newborn baby, making sure she was healthy and strong, I couldn’t help but feel a sense of great relief, “Thank God,” I thought, “Thank God she is not like me”.

7. Dick
    October 12, 2010 at 4:59 pm

It was a stormy night with low visibility, making it that much harder for Nick to gain needed ground on the suspect who was high-tailing it through Back Bay in a black Corolla.

8. October 13, 2010 at 10:27 am

On his daily run past the dome at MIT, each bend on the Charles caught him by surprise. Nothing is constant, he thought.

9. October 14, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Wandering through the rambling Stow orchard chilled and comforted Rachel in equal measure and as she twisted free an apple from a gnarled old tree and bit into the tart, moist flesh, a hundred stories from the past flooded into her mind.