It’s been a while since I wrote to you with my wish list, but what the heck, Christmas isn’t just for kids, is it? Of course you already know that I write about Boston, kids, food and travel, so I don’t think that I’m that hard to shop for. Just in case you need a hint, here’s what I really want for Christmas.
1. An iPad: I really, really want one. I’ve been good. Promise. I’d love to leave my heavy laptop home on trips.
2. Mini-tripod: One that could be used for my phone and my camera and can be thrown in my purse.
3. Without Reservations: The Travels of an Independent Woman: Just because I want an iPad doesn’t mean I’m giving up books. I’d like this one by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Alice Steinbach who took an extended leave from her newspaper job to travel around Europe in search of spontaneity. It’s been on my to-read list for awhile.
4. Anything from Levenger: This shop’s catalog is like porn for writers and travelers and, of course, “serious readers.”
5. An intern: Is that weird? I need an intern to help with my various projects, but he or she needs to be organized, smart, motivated and not have to have their hand held.
Am I asking for too much? I’d settle for peace on earth.
Kim Foley MacKinnon