Let us help you.
For almost a decade, the Union Park Press team has honed the skills necessary to create, design, produce, and bring to market a line of increasingly successful books. During this time, we have established a network of reliable, talented professionals who are instrumental in producing high-quality books that can compete with larger publishing houses.
We have cultivated relationships with local and national media, making our marketing campaigns highly visible and effective. We love social media and see it as a viable and integral aspect of an effective publicity and marketing campaign. Most important: we know how to leverage publicity into sales by working directly with booksellers and special market retailers.
Truth? We love what we do. Especially when it comes to collaborating with creative, smart, savvy authors.
- Working with Maria Lawton, we were able to double her sales and halve her costs. Her book Azorean Cooking: From My Family Table To Yours, has sold copies as far as South Africa, Norway, and Macao.
- After her successful Kickstarter campaign, Union Park Press began assisting author Denise Price with marketing and publicity for Freedom Trail Pop Up Book of Boston. The book has since been featured on WBUR, Boston.com, in the Boston Globe, Publishers Weekly and Bostinno.
- Union Park Press turned a twenty-year-old manuscript about Boston Floating Hospital into a beautiful and informative book and a viable marketing tool.
- Union Park Press was able to cut costs and double the print run of an out-of-print book, A Lighthouse Family, so that Friends of the Boston Harbor Islands could provide free copies to libraries, while still printing and selling the original run of 250 books.
- Union Park Press edited, designed, and managed production of Russ Lopez’s comprehensive history, Boston’s South End: The Clash of Ideas in a Historic Neighborhood. We were able to streamline the narrative, reduce printing costs, and deliver a compelling book design that will be competitive in the marketplace.
Here’s how it works…
Editorial: Our seasoned editors will diagnose your manuscript; we edit for structure, content, and language; we copyedit and proof; or we simply provide feedback and guidance on how to strengthen your prose.
Design: Don’t be fooled: everyone judges a book by its cover. Think of design as your first marketing effort–it is an invitation to pick up the book and begin to read.
Production: We love books. We love paper, bindings, and the printers and programmers who create the essence of a book. And while producing e-books can be fraught with challenges, we’re here to help you make educated decisions based on quality and value.
Distribution: Before your books fly off the shelves, your inventory will need warehousing. Then you’ll need to fulfill all those orders. Let us get you set up with a solution that makes sense for you—and then the real fun begins…
Marketing: Let the book industry know about your book! Tell them why it’s important and what will be done to promote and ensure its success! We’ll help you get the attention of booksellers and specialty markets with strategies that work. Crafting a targeted sales campaign is the key to success. You’ve made a significant investment by creating and manufacturing your book – this step is crucial.
Publicity: Once you get your books into the bookstores, you’re job is to drive customers to to the store. Union Park Press has an extensive network of media contacts and social media partners that will get you and your title in the news and on your readers’ minds. Union Park Press authors and custom publishing partners have appeared on RadioBoston, Chronicle, Fox TV, the Hallmark Channel, Food Network, and WBUR and featured in the Boston Globe, Yankee Magazine, Maxim Magazine, Publishers Weekly, as well as a variety of other important online magazines.