We get it. Dads are hard to shop for. Take the guesswork out of Father’s day with these gift ideas inspired by American Burger Revival! Check out our list of gadgets (for all budgets!) that will get burger-loving dad all fired up for grilling season:
- Dad can press the perfect patty with the Cuisinart 3-in-1 Burger Press ($10.29, Amazon). Using a burger press will keep him from overworking the meat, which can make a burger dry.
- Grinding your own meat is hardcore. Help him experiment with various cuts and grinds with the Weston Manual Food Grinder ($29.99, Westonsupply.com)
- Smokers: Go big with a Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker ($199, Sur La Table) or go handheld with a PolyScience Smoking Gun ($99.95, Williams-Sonoma).
- Treat those burgers to the TLC they deserve with a gentle bath in the Sous Vide Supreme Water Oven ($291.04, Amazon)
- Don’t forget: Dad will need a slew of inventive recipes that take advantage of his new gadgets and know-how. American Burger Revival: Brazen Recipes to Electrify a Timeless Classic has everything he’s looking for—and so much more. ($30, Union Park Press).
With a fearless do-it-yourself spirit and gritty, authentic flavors, American Burger Revival shares 120 mouthwatering recipes to reawaken your taste buds and set your grills ablaze. Samuel Monsour is an award-winning chef who has appeared on several reality cooking television shows and has won numerous awards for his food, including “Best Burger” by Boston Magazine. He recently took over as executive chef of the New Orleans-inspired LA restaurant Preux & Proper. Chudy is a chef, food writer, and the creator of Boston Burger Blog. His work has been featured in Boston Magazine, Food Republic, the Boston Globe, and NPR.